Re: Draft announce of Debian 6 LTS, please review quickly

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> So, minor nitpicks:
> > For more information, see
> > Freexian's presentation of its
> > offer</a>.</p>
> =>
> For more information, see Freexian's description of this <a
> href="http://www.freexian.com/services/debian-lts.html";>plan</a>.

OK, I changed this to:

For more information, see
description of their proposal</a>.</p>

> > of organizations exploring new ways to help sustain the LTS project and
> > Debian in general.</p>
> s/new ways/ways/

Corrected.

> > would also benefit from Long Term Support.</p>
>
> "it" is not very clear in this paragraph.

I think it's clear that it refers to the Debian 6 LTS project. I prefer to
avoid a repetition here. It would sound clunky.

Updated draft attached, with addition of Univention, and with fixes from
Adam Baratt.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/
<define-tag pagetitle>Debian 6 debuts its long term support period</define-tag>
<define-tag release_date>2014-06-16</define-tag>
#use wml::debian::news
# $Id:

(LTS)</q> infrastructure to provide security updates for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
(code name <q>squeeze</q>) until February 2016 is now in place. Users of
this version should follow the <a
href="https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using";>instructions from the LTS wiki
page</a> to ensure that they get the LTS security updates.</p>

LTS initiative. We would like to thank
and all the others who will join them in the coming months.</p>

needed: organizations benefiting from the extended support period are
encouraged to contribute manpower to the <a
href="https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Development";>LTS team</a>.

team, <a href="http://www.freexian.com";>Freexian</a> — a French company
owned by Debian Developer Raphaël Hertzog — offered to act as an intermediary
between organizations interested in funding LTS work, and individual Debian
contributors preparing LTS security updates. For more information, see
of their proposal</a>.</p>

of organizations exploring ways to help sustain the LTS project and
Debian in general.</p>

would also benefit from Long Term Support.</p>

href="https://wiki.debian.org/LTS";>Debian LTS project's wiki page</a>.</p>

<h2>About Debian</h2>

volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the completely free
operating system Debian.</p>

<h2>Contact Information</h2>

href="$(HOME)/">https://www.debian.org/</a>, send mail to
&lt;press@debian.org&gt;, or contact the LTS team at