Re: LSB woody certification (again)

Matt Taggart wrote:
I think verification is a good idea and I'd be willing to do it if,

* the patches are acceptable for a stable point release

Please consider that an independent review of the "readiness" of the patches may increase their acceptability for the stable point release.

It would be nice to present to Joey that if he accepts these patches (no other patches needed) Debian Woody i386 can be certified successfully. This fact has been confirmed by Jeff at Progeny and Matt at HP. Period. End of discussion.

We presented the patches to Joey for inclusion into R2, but there was confusion about how done we really were with the work. I'd like to remove all doubt about this and that's why we are appealing for confirmation from a third party. (Matt, you are ideal for this as you are clearly an expert in the debian lsb domain.)

Finally, there are some good reasons why it would be good to do this by LinuxWorld (late January). I know that seems like it's rushing things a bit, but if we can help in some way to make that possible, let us know.

I think being ready for LinuxWorld would be really cool.

The sooner we can make the case to Joey that the work is complete, the sooner he can make a good decision about accepting it.

--
Darrin Thompson
Progeny