Re: LSB woody certification (again)

Jeff Licquia writes...

> We have completed our testing of woody with our patches.  Remember,
> these are at:
>
> http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/lsb/patches/woody/
>
> with an apt repository at:
>
> deb[-src] http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/lsb/apt/ woody/
>
> As far as we can tell, all technical issues have been resolved, and
> woody with our patches will certify.  This includes running
> lsb-runtime-test, lsblibchk, and the application battery.

Are you talking about just i386 or ia64, pcc, s390 too?

> Of course, no one's perfect, so it would be nice if someone could
> provide an independent analysis.  (Matt, is this something you could do?
>   Don't want to single you out, but OTOH you've been working on this
> longer than anyone.)

I think verification is a good idea and I'd be willing to do it if,

* the patches are acceptable for a stable point release
* you can provide a recipe for doing so. I assume this is just
   1.) install woody
   2.) apt-get upgrade from the above apt source
   3.) run the tests

Also I'd like to get unstable compliant as well. I think all patches
should be applied in unstable first before allowing them stable.

[snip]
> Joey, if you have any objections to any of the patches, let me know.

... and please cc the debian-lsb list too.

> Finally, there are some good reasons why it would be good to do this by
> LinuxWorld (late January).  I know that seems like it's rushing things a
> bit, but if we can help in some way to make that possible, let us know.

I think being ready for LinuxWorld would be really cool.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org