Kernel Panic when adding support for live installer

Hi,

I've been playing around live build for a few weeks and been able to achieve a lot of what I want to do thanks to a .pdf documentation (which I believe is up-to-date) provided on IRC by chals, cheers for that, really appreciated.

I'm building basically a Debian Jessie MATE live image with live build 4.0.5-1 taken from the git repo and build following the information in the documentation.

My issue is as following : after being able to add a personal repo, some packages lists, building a skel/ folder ans other stuffs, I'm trying to get the debian installer icon from the MATE desktop when running as live (USB in my case if that can be helpful).

Here is the issue explained with a cut-down example of the command I'm using :

-----------
mkdir -p live/auto
cp /usr/share/doc/live-build/examples/auto/* live/auto/
cd live/

pluma auto/config
 * adding :
        --architectures i386 \
        --archive-areas "main" \
        --debian-installer live \

mkdir -p config/package-lists/
pluma config/package-lists/bureau.list.chroot
 * adding :
        task-mate-desktop
        mate-system-tools
        caja-open-terminal

echo 'debian-installer-launcher' > config/package-lists/live.list.chroot
------------

Then I'm building the ISO with the command : su -c "lb config && lb clean && lb build"
When the ISO is done, I'm copying it to a USB-key with : su -c "cp live-image-i386.hybrid.iso /dev/sdb"
following by a "sync" command before unmounting the USB key to try it.

When booting from this USB key, I've got a "kernel panic" at boot time which I don't really understand where it come from.

Note that if I'm removing the line "--debian-installer live \ " from auto/config and the file config/package-lists/live.list.chroot, build the ISO and boot on it, everything is working fine : I can access the MATE desktop without any trouble (ie: no kernel panic at boot time).

Note as well that I've been trying to add the lines :
        --linux-packages linux-image-3.16.0-4 \
        --linux-flavours "586" \
to auto/config but unfortunately, that makes no difference.

Info : strangelishely, I've got mentions of 2 different kernels in the build.log : linux-image-586 and linux-image-686-pae .

So I've been reading the whole doc and searching into the mailing-list archive and have been unable so far to find what I'm doing wrong or what I'm forgetting so far.

Any help will be much appreciated here.

Thanks for reading.
Olivier