Re: Kernel Panic when adding support for live installer

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM,  <humbert.olivier.1@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around live build for a few weeks and been able to achieve a lot of what I want to do thanks to a .pdf documentation (which I believe is up-to-date) provided on IRC by chals, cheers for that, really appreciated.
>
> I'm building basically a Debian Jessie MATE live image with live build 4.0.5-1 taken from the git repo and build following the information in the documentation.

Hi,
You are welcome :)

Just a couple of short comments here:

The pdf live-manual version that I linked to is 4.0.3, which is as
much up to date as can be for live-build 4.0.5. It includes, among
many other things, using the 586 kernel flavour as default, or proper
support for cryptsetup by means of a hook (To be accurate, this was
fixed by Daniel in live-build 4.0.4 and therefore it is included in
version 4.0.5).

Unfortunately these versions (live-manual 4.0.3 and live-build 4.0.5)
can only be found in the git repo. The versions included in jessie
(live-manual 4.0.1 and live-build 4.0.3) are not up to date.

Well, apart from that, the pdf we are talking about is the French
translation of live-manual. And again, if you found any word or
expression that sounds awfully wrong in French, feel free to fix it
directly pushing to the git repo (always to the debian-next branch) or
sending a patch to the mailing list.

I maintain the French translation on a best effort basis but I am not
a native speaker of French. And the translation would improve a lot if
a French speaker could take care of it.

Thank you very much :)

I hope someone can help you with your build problem.

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com