Re: Isolinux and Multi language - How do you want it?

El 25/10/14 11:53, intrigeri escribió:
Hi,

(please don't Cc me, I read the list.)

adrian15 wrote (25 Oct 2014 09:25:19 GMT) :
I don't discard modifying and improving your greeter (Language, keyboard, and
keyboard options should be bigger and in the center of the screen)

FYI, that's WIP already:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2014-October/000092.html

This is very nice. That's pretty much what I was thinking of for Rescatux. I might reuse it when it's complete or maybe just now :).

The boot approach seems universal enough to cover both non Xorg systems and Xorg
systems this is why I proposed it in the first place.

Accessibility support seems important to me, when aiming at being
"universal". I doubt one gets that in a boot loader.

As per Daniel suggestion about having a graphical language selector and a non graphical one. Does your greeter architecture design will allow to have a non graphical frontend, maybe ncurses based ?

Thank you.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/