Re: Status 'maybe-failed' with no ISO file

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 12:06 AM,  <pietro.cir@tiscali.it> wrote:
> It's true, I tried to build sid, I did not know that it was impossible.
> But now I tried to build jessie and I got the same error:

Reading the log I saw the problem "E: Package 'plymouth-drm' has no
installation candidate". The plymouth-drm package is not available in
the archive for jessie as you can see here:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=plymouth-drm&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

That is why your build fails.

This was fixed by Daniel in the debian-next branch of live-images yesterday:

http://live-systems.org/gitweb/?p=live-images.git;a=commitdiff;h=07786d604de4e3968e66720e76c713c139b2fc13

So, once this change reaches the online builder it will be possible to
build jessie images again, hopefully :)
(I do not know which branch the online builder clones, if it is the
debian one, you'll have to wait until the debian-next branch is merged
into the debian one)

> http://cgi.build.live-systems.org/build/20140822.214850.387890629/
> I want to test Debian Live on my Dell XPS 12, I already tried latest wheezy
> 7.6.0 Live CD with some problems (wireless adapter not found, Gnome failed
> to full install...), so I wanted to try jessie or sid before installing.
> I cannot upgrade wheezy to sid or jessie using a Live CD without rebooting,
> so how can I build a Live CD with jessie or sid?

The best way to build a jessie/sid live system would be installing the
latest live-build (4.0~alpha39-1) and build your own. You have
live-manual to show you how to use it and also the irc channel on OFTC
and this very mailing list. Make sure you also use the latest
live-manual version as well.

Good luck

--
chals