Re: customize bootloader

Il giorno mer 21 mag 2014 alle 22:00, chals <chals@chalsattack.com> ha scritto:
I want to change the icon and the name of the project. I've copied all the files in /usr/share/live/build/bootloaders/syslinux in config/bootloaders/syslinux and I've modified splash.svg (just replaced the icon). But the built image keeps showing the old splashscreen. Also, how @PROJECT@ and @VERSION@ (in svg file) are replaced? There's a file where I can set a different name? Maybe in /etc?
You want to take a look at the binary_syslinux script. You'll understand it better: http://live-systems.org/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=blob;f=scripts/build/binary_syslinux;h=4cb18b00d995d50c6213e8d1175d54761f9ff13d;hb=HEAD
I see that the documentation suggests using a png file for the splash. Then I wonder why there's an SVG in /usr/share... it's just a template to be modified?
Usually the splash.svg is converted into an splash.png file: Chroot chroot "rsvg-convert --format png --height 480 --width 640 splash.svg -o splash.png" I hope this helps.

I've just realized that in version 4 the ISO has a different name: live-image-i386.hybrid.iso
I was still using the old ISO built in March with version 3! Sorry for this.

So the new icon is there, even if I had not rsvg-convert installed (package librsvg2-bin).

All I need now is replacing @PROJECT@ and @VERSION@.
I've read the script you linked and in particular lines 309-336.
I see that _PROJECT is defined within that script, while _VERSION is defined this way:

 eval _VERSION="$`echo RELEASE_${LB_DISTRIBUTION}`"

But I don't know where and how to re-define them.
I've also skimmed through this page but didn't find anything useful:
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Federico