Re: nicer option for enabling persistence than hexediting isolinux/live.cfg?

On 2 April 2014 15:17, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 13:56 +0200, chals wrote:
>
>> That is fair enough but my guess is that rebuilding an iso image might
>> take longer or rather involve more manual work than building an image
>> from scratch. The requirements for creating a build system are
>> relatively low. See,
>
> I think there is a terminology mismatch here. I wanted to avoid building
> or rebuilding ISO images entirely, I wanted to use the existing images.

Why?

Either the prebuilt images do what you want or you do not want the
prebuilt images.

Sure, they can be improved. However, what you suggest is not
universally seen as improvement and is specifically not seen as
improvement by the builder of said images. So they are not likely to
have that feature in the future.

You can always build your own images or remaster the prebuilt images
as you see fit. There are probably even configurations provided that
were used to built the images.

Thanks

Michal