Re: Created binary.hybrid.iso copied to USB stick wasn't booted

On 07/19/2013 03:45 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> My home PC Box is a new one, with motherboard: ASUS P5N-E SLI, and I set
> it's BIOS to boot first from a removable media ( eg. like USB Drive
> ). Still can't boot from USB stick. Why?

you keep asking the excat same again and again, but how would we know
without access to your bios configuration?

anyhow, since you mentioned that it's a new machine.. i'd guess that
it's set to EFI mode, rather than BIOS (aka CSM) mode. for the time
being, you need the latter to boot live images.

> The other machine is 'very' old and hasn't capability to set it's BIOS
> to boot from a removable media. What can I do in that situation?

again, how would we know without the required information about your
systems excat configuration etc.

as a workaround, if your bios is not able to boot removable medias
properly (after, as i've already told you before, you've ruled out that
hdd images in contrast to iso-hybrid do not boot either) you're left
with booting from an optical media (and then continue from the usb stick).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net