Re: Most of the time trouble booting USB hybrid image

On 05/07/2013 02:10 AM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I'm just going by what the debian installation guide
> says, and it says to use cp.

not that it matters much or that i'd care much about it, and regardless
of any technical differences between copying by dd or by cp.. but 'cp'
in this case has always had some misleading taste to me.. making
inexperienced users wrongly think that they copy the image to the device
filesystem preserving its other content, rather than overwriting the
device with the content of the image.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net