Re: [OT?] Question raised by thread "Re: Mirroring Debian Archive"

Fernando Toledo wrote:
El 07/11/12 12:45, Richard Owlett escribió:
Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 11/07/2012 01:26 PM, Jeronimo wrote:
I am trying to mirror using ftpsync, but I don't wanna to mirror another
releases (woody, slink...)

for partition distribution mirrors, use debmirror.

I've just read read the messages (6 so far) in this thread and the
manpage of debmirror. The combination seems to hint there may be a
simple solution to my problem.

I *DO NOT* have good internet connectivity.
I *DO* have the 8 DVD set of Debian 6.0.5.
I want all of the deb files from the set on a 64GB flash drive in a
format/structure acceptable to apt-get or synaptic.

I'm currently wading through descriptions of the Debian repository to be
able to do it manually. I suspect there may already be a suitable script.

Pointers please.

P.S. Was how I handled the subject line acceptable?

Hi Richard!

I dont known if understand you question, but

To build the live cd, i use apt-cache-ng (as that i say in previous mails)

The goals is that you don't have to mirror full debian repo, its cache
the downloaded packages, and at the next build, the chroot/bootrap
download from localhost (less build time)

You only need to setup the apt-cache-ng package in you build host
and change the url of the repositories to use it.

This don't make a mirror debian/pool structure, its only cache.
Then ,when i building my own live cd, the size of the cache is only 3gb
/ 4gb instead of the 64gb full debian mirror

If you need a full mirror, you must use something like apt-mirror /
debmirror, etc, but i think that is not required.

Saludos!

But my goal is explicitly a "FULL mirror". Nobody who knows me would ever use the adjective normal to describe me ;) Your got me to do a keyword search of the online manpages - I've some reading to do.
Thanks.