Re: [OT?] Question raised by thread "Re: Mirroring Debian Archive"

El 07/11/12 12:45, Richard Owlett escribió:
> Daniel Baumann wrote:
>> On 11/07/2012 01:26 PM, Jeronimo wrote:
>>> I am trying to mirror using ftpsync, but I don't wanna to mirror another
>>> releases (woody, slink...)
>>
>> for partition distribution mirrors, use debmirror.
>>

> I've just read read the messages (6 so far) in this thread and the
> manpage of debmirror. The combination seems to hint there may be a
> simple solution to my problem.
>
> I *DO NOT* have good internet connectivity.
> I *DO* have the 8 DVD set of Debian 6.0.5.
> I want all of the deb files from the set on a 64GB flash drive in a
> format/structure acceptable to apt-get or synaptic.
>
> I'm currently wading through descriptions of the Debian repository to be
> able to do it manually. I suspect there may already be a suitable script.
>
> Pointers please.
>
> P.S. Was how I handled the subject line acceptable?

Hi Richard!

I dont known if understand you question, but

To build the live cd, i use apt-cache-ng (as that i say in previous mails)

The goals is that you don't have to mirror full debian repo, its cache
the downloaded packages, and at the next build, the chroot/bootrap
download from localhost (less build time)

You only need to setup the apt-cache-ng package in you build host
and change the url of the repositories to use it.

This don't make a mirror debian/pool structure, its only cache.
Then ,when i building my own live cd, the size of the cache is only 3gb
/ 4gb instead of the 64gb full debian mirror

If you need a full mirror, you must use something like apt-mirror /
debmirror, etc, but i think that is not required.

Saludos!
--
Fernando Toledo
Dock Sud BBS