Re: Catalan translation of live-manual

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
On 06/18/2012 07:25 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I'm happy to see our translations growing like this, but I fear chals will soon run out of languages
> that he knows and can translate. ;)

Ben, unfortunately I have (with this one) already run out of languages I can translate into :) but there is still a lot to do with the other translations in terms of revising and maintaining them up to date. So hopefully there's going to be less quantity but more quality.

i'm sure we can make him busy by updating/extending the english content :)

Daniel, thanks for accepting the new language and adding the files. You are right, I've personally got a short list of things to add to the manual and I'm sure that both Ben and you have a longer list of things that will eventually be added to the English version. No problem, this translation is kind of a todo for the summer just like last summer I worked on the French one.  So if I have to leave this one aside for some days to update the already finished ones I will.

> How about:
>
> "Once the translation team has had a chance to review your submission, make suggestions for changes,
> and is finally satisfied with your initial effort, we will add the new language to the manual."

sounds good.

+1

> As for any other steps needed to add a language (Makefile change, etc.?) it wouldn't hurt to have
> some notes here on what they are, if not for the individual translator, at least for the translation
> team, so nothing is forgotten.

there's no need to touch anything, except putting in the po files into
manual/po/$language/*.po, plus, adding a reference to the language in
manual/_sisu/home/index.html.

the make stuff will pick up any added language automatically.

Correct, but the notes on how to do that could still be added in a short paragraph/section like: "How to enable a new language" or similar.

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com