Re: Catalan translation of live-manual

On 06/18/2012 02:30 PM, chals wrote:
> I would like to translate live-manual into Catalan.

great. pushed your files, thank you.

> So I attach the three first po files and send them to the list.

jftr, the intend of the notion in the manual to send the initial three
files mostly is for historic reasons where one could not enable a new
translation in the autobuild from within the manual only (there was a
manual updated of the toplevel index.html required; this is not true
since a long time anymore). so, you could have added catalan all by
yourself anyhow.

having said above, it makes still sense to make people send a first few
fails to the list before adding a new language, not for technical
reasons but to be able to commend on the files if they are done by new
translation-inexperienced people or so, however, i think the respective
paragraph could use some updating/clarifications.

> If everything goes according to plan, I will finish the entire
> translation by the end of the summer.

no hurry!

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net