Re: Catalan translation of live-manual

On 06/18/2012 01:27 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 06/18/2012 02:30 PM, chals wrote:
>> I would like to translate live-manual into Catalan.
>
> great. pushed your files, thank you.

I'm happy to see our translations growing like this, but I fear chals will soon run out of languages
that he knows and can translate. ;)

> having said above, it makes still sense to make people send a first few
> fails to the list before adding a new language, not for technical

Oh! I do hope our translators are submitting files and not "fails". :)

> reasons but to be able to commend on the files if they are done by new
> translation-inexperienced people or so, however, i think the respective
> paragraph could use some updating/clarifications.

The second half of this paragraph reads:

"Once we have reviewed your submission, we will add the new language to the manual (providing the po
files) and will enable it in the autobuild."

How about:

"Once the translation team has had a chance to review your submission, make suggestions for changes,
and is finally satisfied with your initial effort, we will add the new language to the manual."

As for any other steps needed to add a language (Makefile change, etc.?) it wouldn't hurt to have
some notes here on what they are, if not for the individual translator, at least for the translation
team, so nothing is forgotten.

Ben