Re: Catalan translation of live-manual

On 06/18/2012 07:25 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I'm happy to see our translations growing like this, but I fear chals will soon run out of languages
> that he knows and can translate. ;)

i'm sure we can make him busy by updating/extending the english content :)

> Oh! I do hope our translators are submitting files and not "fails". :)

yeah, typo.. sorry.

> How about:
>
> "Once the translation team has had a chance to review your submission, make suggestions for changes,
> and is finally satisfied with your initial effort, we will add the new language to the manual."

sounds good.

> As for any other steps needed to add a language (Makefile change, etc.?) it wouldn't hurt to have
> some notes here on what they are, if not for the individual translator, at least for the translation
> team, so nothing is forgotten.

there's no need to touch anything, except putting in the po files into
manual/po/$language/*.po, plus, adding a reference to the language in
manual/_sisu/home/index.html.

the make stuff will pick up any added language automatically.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net