Re: Source style regarding here-documents

On 12/26/2012 12:14 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 12/26/2012 05:04 PM, Daniel Reichelt wrote:
still don't see the advantage ;-) ...guess we just won't convince each
other.
well, you haven't showed any reason where/why we should use 'here-
documents' at all, you only made an argument for why you think using the
posix-only subset doesn't make sense to you (in your use-case).

The use of "here documents" is littered throughout the code as it is. Each person made a decision that that was the correct was to supply information to the process that was being invoked.

It may be as simple as "that is the standard way to provide responses to an invoked process".

What is in question is code readability. The option suggested makes the resultant script arguably more readable.

I would however state that "using undocumented features of a program is likely to produce undesirable side effects" and "a few K may be significant in your target environment".

Neither of which directly effects me at this time.

thanks
Joe