Re: Decision 4 - Name of /lib/live/mount/rofs

On 10/03/2012 09:54 AM, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> Apart form the /live/mount/medium which will likely hold user files in
> some configurations (eg. usb stick)  these names are likely to appear
> in debug logs exclusively. They should stand apart from each other and
> possible other messages from different (non-live) parts of initramfs
> and initscripts that appear along with them.
>
> Of course, it is possible that in the future somebody will find some
> really creative use for these live bits but that's hard to tell.

OK. I have reconsidered my initial objection to your suggestion of
'components' because it's probably obvious from context. So the
components would look like:

  /lib/live/mount/components/base.squashfs
  /lib/live/mount/components/standard.squashfs
  /lib/live/mount/components/gnome-desktop.squashfs
  /lib/live/mount/components/home.overlay
  /lib/live/mount/components/var.overlay

The suffixes (.squashfs, .overlay) sufficiently identify the mount
components as either whole filesystems, overlays, or whatever exact type
of component they are.

Ben