Re: Decision 4 - Name of /lib/live/mount/rofs

On 10/03/2012 12:39 PM, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> How does this fit together with overlay(s)?

/lib/live/mount/rootfs (or /lib/live/mount/filesystems as suggested) are
read-only mounts of the live filesystem images.

currently, the overlay is in /lib/live/overlay (sid) resp.
/lib/live/mount/overlay (git). i didn't thought hat this needs changing.

> Will the overlays be at lib/live/mount/filesystems/overlay or
> lib/live/mount/filesystems/home.overlay
> lib/live/mount/filesystems/var.overlay ?

i pretty sure (but i don't actually know, will have to test at a later
point), that when using multiple squashfs images, you don't get multiple
overlays exposed.

assuming that's true, there are two questions arrising:

  * should we move /lib/live/mount/overlay to
    /lib/live/mount/$whatever/$filesystem_image.overlay ?

  * should we make individual overlays exposed (if possible)?

and.. should we unite the persistence mounts into that too, from
/lib/live/mount/persistence/$device to
/lib/live/mount/$whatever/$device.peristence ?

and if so, why not then move all mounts directly into /lib/live/mount
and get rid of the 'intermediate' directory naming, and use this instead:

  /lib/live/mount/foo.squashfs
  /lib/live/mount/foo.overlay
  /lib/live/mount/$device.persistence

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net