Re: Australian mirrors result in "Encountered a section with no Package: header"

On Wednesday 07 March 2012 02:44:28 Jason Heeris wrote:
> But don't I need to
> somehow install the squid-deb-proxy client in the chroot before the
> real round of package installation? Or have I missed something here?

I don't have experience with squid(-deb-proxy), so I don't know how to configure that.
I use apt-cacher-ng and the command I used was:
lh config --mirror-bootstrap "http://192.168.1.5:3142/ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/"; --mirror-binary
"http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/";
This was with live build 2.x and http://192.168.1.5:3142 is the address of apt-cacher-ng in my local
network.
Another possible way would be to have the following contents of /etc/apt/apt.conf
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://192.168.1.5:3142";;
Where/how you'd have to do that, I don't know (it's been a while), but it may be worth exploring.

Don't know if it'll work with live build 3.x and/or with squid(-deb-proxy), but hopefully you get
the idea.

Diederik