Re: Vanillux live iso

On 08/15/2011 09:07 AM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I've lost the thread entirely. I would have to test a minimal config to
> replicate your findings to answer with any authority on this. I can do
> that, but not right now.

Ah. Got it now! And no, I don't even need to test. In fact, I seem to
have come to this conclusion anyway, later in my response and just
didn't go back to edit this initial statement. To clarify:

Right now, --mode progress sets derivatives mode (as I said, to be
replaced with something proper in the final release). The man page says
that --mirror-chroot applies to derivatives. If you use --mode debian,
you're not in derivatives mode, so naturally, Debian's repo will be used
and this option is ignored.

The only thing that *isn't* clear in the man page is "how do I set
derivatives mode?" But of course, that code hasn't been written yet, so
how could we document what we haven't written? :) Nor does it state the
difference between different derivatives models and when to use one
option vs. another, but *that* is a rather expansive topic probably not
suitable for discussion in the man page, but rather belonging to
live-manual whenever we write the "derivatives" chapter.

Ben