Re: Vanillux live iso

On 08/15/2011 08:21 AM, Fabrice Quenneville wrote:
> Also the reason why i am trying to pull d-i from from wheezy (which
> should be possible)

(for the third and last time): no, not in derivatives mode. that's the
whole point of it. if you are not a derivative in lb terms, which
apparently you don't try to be (you try to be a distribution, in lb
terms), then you would not use derivatives mode in the first place, but
normal debian mode.

> is because while we have d-i indices and all the
> udebs for our packages we dont have vmlinuz.

since i'm building modified debian-installer, i do get the
debian-installer-images by-hand tarball[0].

it looks like in debian the same is not accessible as tarball, means,
you just have to fix your repo  (like, how surprisingly, i told you
already the first time) to also include dists/*/main/installer-*/, with
whatever tool you use to populate it.

[0]
http://archive-master.progress-linux.org/packages/distribution/progress-artax/debian-installer/current_i386/

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net