Re: Vanillux live iso

On 08/15/2011 07:50 AM, Fabrice Quenneville wrote:
> Im sorry daniel but i dont see how these are features, for me they are
> breaks, its not logical and very inconsistent:

either you use derivatives model (debian + additional repo), or
distribution model (one repo).

what we currently don't support (and probably never support), is having
the bastard in between as there's simply no point in it (debian +
additional incomplete repo).

..and this is consistent and logical.

> So basically these configurations should work but dues to what you call
> features (i call breaks), which are undocumented make it that i cannot
> currently built an iso with the following features/needs with live-build.

it's getting annoying[0].. like i told you at the first ocasion (but
from past experience, it appears i do need to tell you everything three
times until you actually read it):

derivatives mode is experimental. it's not documented properly yet since
it's very much in flux. for the time being, use it at your own
risk/expense/$whatever and look how the progress configs work.

oiow: i can give you tips where you have to look for stuff, but you need
to do the actual work yourself, i do not have the time to walk you
through the whole process. also remember using lb in general expects
people to have some good understanding of debian internas, the audience
is not everyone, his grandmother and her dog. evenmore so you're trying
to build a derivative which requires even better understanding of
debian. if you want to do it as a learning exercise/fun, fine, but then
do the work yourself and not with stupid trial and error to annoying people.

if that's not good enough for you, then use stable, but then do not
complain about missing features. the deal is 'either use stable and
relay on documentation, or use unstable/experimental and primarily help
yourself'.

>     * Based on debian wheezy
>     * vmlinuz and debootstrap downloaded from wheezy
>     * Packages list downloaded from a third party repository
>     * user is left with only the third party repository

sounds like debian mode, with additional config/archives configured,
binary indices turned off and a local hook to

HTH,
Daniel

[0] another thing which is very annoying is that you constantly switch
between irc and list, deviding information you're giving between them.
that way, someone who would want to help you needs to follow closely both.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net