Re: Vanillux live iso

Im sorry daniel but i dont see how these are features, for me they are breaks, its not logical and very inconsistent:
my config:

lb config --architecture $1 \
--binary-images iso-hybrid \
--bootloader grub \ #instead of you hook ill use grub as suggested by smiley on the IRC
--debian-installer live \
--debian-installer-gui true \
--debian-installer-distribution wheezy \ # We are based on wheezy and need the proper vmlinuz and d-i, we want them pulled from debian's repo
--distribution vanillux \ #Our repo use's the vanillux codename
--parent-debian-installer-distribution wheezy\
--parent-distribution wheezy\
--parent-mirror-chroot ${DEBIANREPO} \
--parent-mirror-debian-installer ${DEBIANREPO} \ #D-I related stuff should come from debian's repository
--parent-mirror-bootstrap ${DEBIANREPO} \ #Bootstrapping wheezy
--parent-mirror-binary ${DEBIANREPO} \
--mirror-debian-installer ${DEBIANREPO} \ #D-I related stuff should definatly come from debian's repository
--mirror-bootstrap ${DEBIANREPO} \
--mirror-chroot ${VANILLUXREPO} \ #Repo used to download the package-list and as per the man should only be user to download the packages list
--mirror-binary ${VANILLUXREPO} \ #Repo left for the user on the iso
--hostname vanillux \
--iso-application ${TITLE} \
--iso-publisher ${PUBLISHER} \
--iso-volume "Vanillux-$1-live-"$(date +%Y%m%d) \
--archive-areas "main non-free\
--security false \
--username "Vanillux-live-user" \
--volatile false \
--syslinux-theme "vanillux-desktop" \
--verbose

cp -v ../$DISTRO.key config/archives/$DISTRO.key.chroot
cp -v ../$DISTRO.key config/archives/$DISTRO.key.binary
cp -v ../$DISTRO.list.chroot config/package-lists/$DISTRO.list.chroot

So basically these configurations should work but dues to what you call features (i call breaks), which are undocumented make it that i cannot currently built an iso with the following features/needs with live-build.

Is it me or thats currently broken ?

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
On 08/15/2011 06:41 AM, Fabrice Quenneville wrote:
> i figure that at one of the later stages lb uses
> the --mirror-chroot address for some d-i related stuff, but it still
> uses the distro set with --debian-installer-distribution.
>
> Should i file a bug report ?

that's not a bug, that's a feature of the derivative mode.

if that is not what you want, don't use derivative mode (like i told you
on irc) and fix your mirror.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net