Re: Vanillux live iso

Hi again,

so with --mode progress it does install vanillux-desktop packages from our repositories but it was looking for the progress theme so i chaged it to "debian-squeeze" in config/binary. But now the iso will not boot boot in (i get the debian logo and choose live but nothing happens).

You say to set LB_DERIVATIVE to true but i cant find LB_DERIVATIVE nor defaults.sh. (our iso has tool about 250mb of weight since the --mode chage guessing its progress related packages).

Another question is: our key is currently in config/archives/vanillux.chroot.gpg but it dosent seam to register, when it pulls vanillux-desktop it complains about unverified packages --force-yes is required. What should i do ?

Yet another of my questions:
at some point im guessing an apt-get autoremove is called and this happens:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  syslinux* syslinux-themes-debian-squeeze*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

not sure if its good ?

Thank you for your help, i really need to get this problem resolved i have been working on this for too long now.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
fabrice quenneville <fabrice@vanillux.org> wrote:
> it still tryes to pull from debian.

this is because you have not set --mode, which means it remains default
(=debian) which doesn't make use of derivatives handling.

derivatives handling is different than just normal debian mode, which is
why it has to be manually enabled, we can't just automatically deduce it
if --parrent* is set.

currently, if --mode is set to e.g. progress, then LB_DERIVATIVE is set
to true which enables derivative mode. since we obviously don't want to
require people to add their on mode in lb just to enable derivatives
handling, this should be made some more flexible, patches welcome. in
the meanwhile, you'll need to override LB_DERIVATIVE manually in
defaults.sh.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net