Re: New with debian-live

> Yes. Don't live build 3.x in testing/unstable at this point to  build
> squeeze (something that theoretically should work but I encountered  the
> same issue above). Please indicate the version of live-build  you're
> using. Instead, stick with the live-build in stable.

Ok, yes I tried to build version 3.0~a14

> >          1 - Reading the Debian Live Manual it says to install from  Debian
> > repository, but I couldn't find it at the repository (I'm using  Lenny).
>
> What's "it"? And Lenny? Seriously? You know Squeeze released back  in
> February ...

I couldn't find live-build in Debian repository (Lenny).  I suspected that it
should be because of the Debian version, so I thinked "The manual says that it
can work with almost any distribution", so I continued with the instructions and
I used the latest code using  git clone
git://live.debian.net/git/live-build.git.

> >      2 - At point ·3.3.3 to change  the repository it says:
> >            $ lb  config --repository live.debian.net
> >              I thing it shoud say:
> >            $  lb config --repositories live.debian.net
>
> No. You're using 3.x. The manual  is written for 2.x. Please stick with
> the stable release unless you're  helping develop/test live-build 3.x, in
> which case, expect things to be rough  and expect to be able to work
> around the differences on your own until we  have things stabilized once
> again.

I don't know if the manual I'm using is to work with the stable or testing
version.  It says March 25, 2011.  If it's intended to be used with stable
version please check that the git instructions clone the testing versions.  If
it's intended to be used with testing version check the issue I said.

Actually I don't have a special interest on using it, I only want to try it, to
learn about it, and if I can, to help you.  If I'm not disturbing you, I want to
try testing version, tell you about the issues I find, and also try to find how
to solve bugs by myself (and tell you).

As I said, I'm new with it.  I never worked for any development group like this,
and I don't have too much time, but I want to help, so please let me know if
there is something I can do or something I should learn to help you.

Regards,

Héctor