Re: New with debian-live

On 03/04/11 02:35 PM, hector rey wrote:
>         I'm new with debian-live.  I'm still trying to build my first
> binary-hybrid.iso with defaut configuration.  I has a probem that I don't know
> if I'm doing something wrong.
>      When executing lb build everything seems to be ok, but before a lot of time
> downloading, installing and configuring packages, an error message appears.  It
> says:
>
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
> Setting up memtest86+ (4.10-1.1) ...
> Setting up syslinux-common (2:4.02+dfsg-7) ...
> Setting up syslinux (2:4.02+dfsg-7) ...
> Setting up syslinux-themes-debian-squeeze (5-1) ...
> cp: cannot stat `/usr/share/syslinux/themes/debian-squeeze/isolinux-live': No
> such file or directory
> P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
>
>      Can somebody help me with it?

Yes. Don't live build 3.x in testing/unstable at this point to build
squeeze (something that theoretically should work but I encountered the
same issue above). Please indicate the version of live-build you're
using. Instead, stick with the live-build in stable.

>         1 - Reading the Debian Live Manual it says to install from Debian
> repository, but I couldn't find it at the repository (I'm using Lenny).

What's "it"? And Lenny? Seriously? You know Squeeze released back in
February ...

>      2 - At point ·3.3.3 to change the repository it says:
>            $ lb config --repository live.debian.net
>             I thing it shoud say:
>            $ lb config --repositories live.debian.net

No. You're using 3.x. The manual is written for 2.x. Please stick with
the stable release unless you're helping develop/test live-build 3.x, in
which case, expect things to be rough and expect to be able to work
around the differences on your own until we have things stabilized once
again.

Ben