Re: Build system from install.

I have tried remastersys several times before and never had the installer work.
There is a project I have seen on the Debian forums called Refracta which is intended to do exactly what you are looking for but I have not tried it.
          Jeff

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 12/07/2011 11:56 AM, C M Reinehr wrote:
> I looked into this several months ago and, before I got busy on other things,
> came across this project: http://remastersys.sourceforge.net/ that looks like
> it might do what your looking for. Haven't tried it, though, and can't say
> anything about it.

I wouldn't recommend using it, as development has been discontinued.
Better to take your chances with lb config --bootstrap copy.

Look, I didn't mean to scare people off by what I said. It's just that
anyone trying this needs to understand that there's a whole set of
complexities involved in transforming a working system into a live
system that we might not have ready answers for.

Ben