Re: Build system from install.

On 12/07/11 18:08, Ben Armstrong wrote:
On 07/12/11 07:37 AM, dE . wrote:
I was wondering about building a live system from a Debian install (an
exact copy). This's originally meant for recovery purposes and emergency
work if (for some reason, if the system gets some issues after an
upgrade and some important work drops by just then).

Unfortunately, live-build will download packages and make a fresh
install instead. So my question is, is there a way to make a live system
as I desired above? Do I have to peep into live-boot package to get it
done?
Please look at the lb_config man page, --bootstrap copy. Please note
that this is not the best-supported use case for live-build, which works
best to create live systems from scratch, so adjust your expectations
for support accordingly.

Ben

Thanks.