Build system from install.

Hi.

I was wondering about building a live system from a Debian install (an exact copy). This's originally meant for recovery purposes and emergency work if (for some reason, if the system gets some issues after an upgrade and some important work drops by just then).

Unfortunately, live-build will download packages and make a fresh install instead. So my question is, is there a way to make a live system as I desired above? Do I have to peep into live-boot package to get it done?