Re: Vanillux live iso

Hi again,

so after many tests, it seams to me that i am missing something.

from the man pages the option --mirror-chroot URL should be the one that picks the repo used to pull the packages in the list added in config/package-lists/, but it dosent it still tryes to pull from debian.

am i wrong ?

this is exactly what i am doing (from what i understand i shouldnt need more), and it dosent seam to ever try to reach our repositories:

#Create the config files
lb config --architecture $1 \
--binary-images iso-hybrid \
--debian-installer live \
--debian-installer-distribution daily \
--debian-installer-gui true \
--distribution stable \
--parent-distribution wheezy \
--parent-mirror-debian-installer http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-bootstrap http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-binary http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-binary http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--mirror-bootstrap http://apt.vanillux.org/vanillux/ \
--mirror-chroot http://apt.vanillux.org/vanillux/ \
--mirror-binary http://apt.vanillux.org/vanillux/ \
--hostname vanillux \
--iso-application "Vanillux live" \
--iso-publisher "Vanillux foundation; http://vanillux.org; vanillux-live@vanillux.org" \
--iso-volume "vanillux-"$1"-live-$(date +%Y%m%d)" \
--archive-areas "main non-free" \
--security false \
--username vanillux-live-user \
--volatile false \
--verbose

cp -v ../vanillux.chroot.gpg config/archives/vanillux.chroot.gpg
cp -v ../vanillux.chroot.list config/package-lists/vanillux.chroot.list
lb build

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
On 08/06/2011 08:39 PM, fabrice quenneville wrote:
> i dont understand
> why since i seam to have pointed ever derivative related option to our
> repository.

derivative mode is a highly experimental feature and changes a lot from
version to version, don't use it just yet. once we consider it mature,
we'll put some documentation on how to use it best etc. until then, you
can look at the examples in images/* on http://vcs.progress-linux.org/.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net