Re: pinning hook

> depends on how you define 'consistent'.

'Consistency' means in this case that all kernel related files (modules,
headers, ...) that are visible after the boot process finished (and
percistency is activated) exactly match the kernel version used for booting up
the system.

> if you just mean 'bootable', then all packages can be upgraded.

No, I don't mean just 'bootable' but also useable without any major bugs
afterwards.

> if you mean 'correct', then none can be upgraded

Great, now we start to find a common ground.

> and your hook doesn't fix it

The meaning of the hook is not to be able to upgrade those packages but to
prevent upgrades of these packages because they will almost certainly fail/be
impossible.

> (actually, it worse than not pinning at all)

Why?

> for the correct fix see one of my previous messages.

So far I have not seen an alternative proposal that correctly works in all
situations. Please restate what the 'correct fix' would be.