Re: Installing packages requiring mysql or another common service

Am Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2011, 15:41:57 schrieb Axel:
> Hello
>
> I m using debian live to build a live system with a mysql server
> instance. I d like to install at build time some packages which require
> an online mysql instance to install their database (with dbconfig).
>
> It seems that services cannot be started (due to /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d)
> in chroot and then the dbconfig stuff fails because no mysqld is running.
> So I thought first to create a hook script to start mysql (at this
> moment it looks like /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d doesn't prevent anymore to
> run services in chroot), and call dpkg-reconfigure on these packages.
> But it seems that some mounts (/proc if i m not wrong, at least) are
> missing when the hooks scripts are launched, so I m afraid that my hook
> scripts will finish to be a dirty hack. (mount /proc, create missing
> symlinks for mysql if needed, start mysql, dpkg-reconfigure, stop mysql
> and clean the environment...)
>
> So, have you some advices to install this type of packages at build time
> ? Is the hook script the only way to achieve this  (in the current state
> of debian live) ?

I am in the same situation for Postgresql and installing a database druring
build time.

I have done this with a hook script. However when the system you are building
the live CD on the port for the database server may already been taken.

At least it happened to me and PG automatically started at another port.

Sebastian Hilbert
GNUmed