Re: Installing packages requiring mysql or another common service

On 06/03/2011 11:28 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> I have done this with a hook script. However when the system you are building
> the live CD on the port for the database server may already been taken.

i'm using lxc since almost a year for everything, somewhen last winter
we though it would possibly make sense in some special situations to not
do things within a chroot, but actually boot the chroot with lxc and
process the rest of the customization.

since the changes required to live-build are fairly minimal, i'll intend
to add that functionality as a non-default build method in a couple of
weeks (right now, we have chrooted and non-chrooted; afterwards, we have
additionally one with lxc).

eventhough this imposes a larger prerequisity on the build host (you
need lxc plus correct network setup), it would solve all of the problems
at once.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net