Re: Installing packages requiring mysql or another common service

Le 03/06/2011 09:51, Daniel Baumann a écrit :

On 06/01/2011 03:41 PM, Axel wrote:
So, have you some advices to install this type of packages at build time
? Is the hook script the only way to achieve this (in the current state
of debian live) ?

currently, yes :(

your problem is a very legitim one, however, we have not come up with an
elegant solution for it yet. do you have a good idea how to make it more
convenient and yet keep things generic?

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks for your answer.
For now the hook scripts accomplishes its job without problem. I have not really thought about a long term solution. I guess that an environment like a virtual system rather than a chroot who allow services to start without jamming with the build host, but it may seem a bit overkill.

Axel