Re: driver modules

2010/10/4 Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com>
Greetings,

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:52 AM, marcos m. <linux.cigarra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> i'm trying to add support to wifi network interfaces, how can i add modules
> before building the image?

Is there a particular package that adds support for the card you want?

my card is supported by the ath9k module which i think is non-free but i wish i could build an image with wide wireless support.

Or maybe tell us the manual steps you are required to take and the m-l
can share ways that will solve.

the installed ubuntu netbook remix recognizes the card without any complaints but i couldn't make it work with debian-live.
lspci shows the wireless card, I tried modoprobe athk5, which is available but it didn't work. didn't try anything else.
Should I add the linux-modules-non-free package to make more wireless modules available? any other ideas?

Thanks!