Re: GUI Interactive Shell

>>why install eclipse? is the version in squeeze not suitable?

so eclipse is native in squeeze?

>> same questions re java (in addition to openjdk6, there is also the non-free sun java if you absolutely must use that, and live-build even ships with an example hook to automatically accept the sun java license; see /usr/share/live/build/
examples/hooks/all_chroot_sun-java6.sh).

I would not like to include non-free packages so I would go about installing openjdk6 as long as it is compatible with the nxjc packages. Will check the hook in detail though

>>As for nxjc, I see this ITP (Intent To Package) for lejos-nxj has been filed.  Maybe this guy can help you if he has done something so far that is suitable for you to test?

worth giving it a try. thanks

>> It would be much easier for you if you could totally eliminate the need for the interactive step.  and you may already be closer to accomplishing that than you think.

so you think I can eliminate the interactive shell and manage everything through hooks? So i would need a hook for java (already mentioned) and another hook for nxjc right?