Re: running live-helper in a chroot

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 08:37:03PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Hans Ekbrand wrote:
>> I want to use live-helper from sid to build sid or squeeze images, but
>> I use stable on all my machines, so I set up at sid chroot and
>> installed live-helper in the chroot,
>
> you don't need to do that, you can install the version from sid on
> stable just fine (you'll need a recent enough version of debootstrap to
> create squeeze/sid images though).

Do you know what version of debootstrap is required? Is building the
sid-version from source the prefered way to get a working debootstrap
on lenny?

I recently posted about a failure to boot ("unable to open
/dev/sda..."), but the build process - which used debootstrap from
lenny - looked OK to me. Could using lennys debootstrap explain the
"unable to open /dev/sda.."-problem?

>> and run the script I normally use
>> to build images with from within the chroot. However, it failed with:
>
> your chroot has no /dev and no /proc mounted.

I gave up that road.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 1408 C8D5 1E7D 4C9C C27E 014F 7C2C 872A 7050 614E