persistence and custom kernel

Hi there,

I will try to remove references to fd0 in the sources to see if it the
persistent kernel option works.

In any case when not using the persistent kernel option, the live-snapshot
script does not work. I have a usb stick with two partitions, one ext3
labeled 'live-rw' (sda1) and the other one is vfat (sda2) where the live
system is. When I issue

 live-snapshot -d /dev/sda1

it ignores the device option and complains that it cannot make a soft link
from  /home/usr/desktop. And that is to be expected since I used the -p
standard option when building the live system (no X, no desktop). If I
reboot the system the changes are lost.

Any comments or ideas are highly appreciated, thanks!

Santiago