Troubles with cdebootstrap-helper-diverts/start-stop-daemon

Hello,

It looks like cdebootstrap diverts start-stop-daemon to a version that
(as far as I can tell) doesn't do much of anything when the chroot/
system is created. That is somewhat inconvenient, since I do like to
start a few services when my live CD boots.

I tried running '/usr/bin/dpkg --purge cdebootstrap-helper-diverts'
from one of my local hooks, but to no avail. It seems like
lh_chroot_dpkg stores a copy of start-stop-daemon, replaces it with
its own do-nothing version and later restores it - replacing the real
executable with the stored-away cdebootstrap-helper-diverts version.

This happens with live_helper 1.0~a37-2 running on Lenny, building a
Lenny based CD.

Right now, I am working around that by adding 'cp
/sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL /sbin/start-stop-daemon.orig' to the hook
that also purges cdebootstrap-helper-diverts. In the long run, would
there be any point in looking for /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL within
lh_chroot_dpkg and using that instead of start-stop-daemon.orig if it
exists?

Peace,
 --J