Re: unexpected changes - live-bottom/13swap running by default

Hello,

here’s my answer, read bellow for arguments:

[ ] Use swap partitions automatically in all flavours (leave as is)
[x] Don't use swap partitions automatically in all flavours
[ ] Use swap partitions for standard and desktop flavours,
    use noswap for rescue flavour.

Joseph Rawson wrote (31 Aug 2008 19:38:23 GMT) :
>> [ ] Use swap partitions automatically in all flavours (leave as is)
>> [x ] Don't use swap partitions automatically in all flavours
>> [ ] Use swap partitions for standard and desktop flavours,
>>     use noswap for rescue flavour.
>>
> This decision basically follows from my impression that a live
> system shouldn't write to any drives by default. I also think that
> we should keep in mind that people who use the live system for
> privacy concerns may unwittingly leave data on the swap partition
> and be totally unaware of it.

I agree.

> As a compromise, I think that creating an fstab with the swap
> partitions having the noauto option would be a nice alternative.
> This allows the live user to type "sudo swapon -a" when he/she needs
> to. A swapon.desktop file in ~/Desktop would also be nice on
> desktop flavors.

This would be very nice to have.

Bye,
--