Re: unexpected changes - live-bottom/13swap running by default

On 31/08/2008, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:
> Chris Lamb wrote:
>  > The "we do not touch filesystems by default" invariant is really important.
>  >
>  > As long as one can pass "swap" at boot time to revert the behaviour, I would
>  > be in favour of the above change.
>

> after thinking this afternoon about it, i agree.
>
>  will adjust live-initramfs then, the default behaviour should not
>  require parameters, so.. instead of noswap you'll have to set autoswap
>  or something simillar in order to make use of the automatic swap usage
>  feature.

I also agree. Note however that due to the braindead way ext3 (and
possibly other filesystems) is implemented in the Linux kernel you
also cannot mount any filesystem from the disk, even readonly. d-i
does that and destroys suspended systems in the process.

Thanks

Michal