Keeping boot/* out of filesystem.squashfs

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> wrote:
> Juergen Fiedler wrote:
>> -------
>> boot/vmlinuz*
>> boot/initrd.img*
>> -------
>>
>> It *looked* like this was the way config/binary_rootfs/excludes is
>> supposed to be used. What did I do wrong there?
>
> i'm sorry that i forgot to mention, the file needs to have absolut
> pathes, like:
>
> /boot/vmlinuz*
> /boot/initrd.img*

Odd. I put a single file name (/vmlinuz.old) into
config/binary_rootfs/excludes  and I still get the same error. This
happens even if I start with 'lh_config' without any options in an
empty directory.
It seems to originate in line  97, as of live-helper
1.0.0+20080827.180851 ( Chroot chroot/chroot "cat /excludes | xargs rm
-rf").
I still haven't managed to wrap my mind around how that line works,
not being all that good with shell scripting.
Am I still doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
~Juergen