eth0: no IPv6 router present

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 09:19, Thomas H. George <lists at tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:04:42PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
>> Some Progress.  The ifconfig shows that eth0 has been given the address
>> 169.254.122.180 and will not allow it to be changed or deleted.
This is ipv4's link-level autoconfiguration.  It's trying DHCP still;
have you added the include I suggested?  This would probably help it
do the right thing.

>> BTW When I say parent machine I mean of course the box on which I built
>> the Debian Live CD. When I boot this box from the CD there is no address
>> conflict as the hard drive is not mounted.
Ah.  It wasn't clear that you were booting on the same box that you're
building it on.

> netstat -rn shows two eth0's with entries as described above and 0.0.0.0
> for the gateway.  I remembered that there is a command route and tried
> 'route add gw 192.168.2.102'.  The response was, 'gw: Unknown host'.
> That is the IP of the gateway and I can ping it successfully.
That should be "route add default gw 192.168.2.102".

Will