eth0: no IPv6 router present

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 19:32, Thomas H. George <lists at tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> When the bootup
> is complete I replace the interfaces file with a copy of the parent
> machine's interfaces file and run /etc/init.d/networking restart.
Wouldn't this try to configure it with the same address as the
"parent" machine?  Try assigning a different address and see if that
works.  If it does, you can put the interfaces file in
.../deb-live/config/chroot_local_includes/etc/network/interfaces and
rebuild.

Assuming this isn't the problem, what does "netstat -rn" and "ifconfig
eth0" show after you've restarted networking?

Lastly, if you'd like to set up a DHCP server (and are allowed to,
ofc) send me a message off-list and I'll help you get a working
configuration.

Will