Noise from fsck

Alle sabato 30 giugno 2007, Daniel Baumann ha scritto:

> > We could just have the initramfs touching a "/fastboot" file and the
> > checkfs init script will remove it

> to complicated; i just added the removal of /etc/rcS.d/S*checkfs.sh in
> 12fstab.

I'll look when you commit, anyway touching a file is not so complicated...

> > But maybe we should offer also a boot parameter option to have this
> > default behaviour disabled if we someone for a strange use-case do not
> > want that.

> i don't think it is good to enable a boot time fsck at all; if somebody
> wants to check his *host* filesystems, he should just do it manually
> after the live system has bootet (like in a normal rescue session).

In fact I do not have enough imagination now to see which use case could
require to check the fs; anyway, checkfs.sh and checkroot.sh do not check
host filesystems, just filesystems presents in /etc/fstab and the rootfs.

So you seems to need to patch also /etc/rcS.d/S10checkroot.sh, but I think my
solution is better since it already support different type of init systems.
(you just need to touch a file, stop)

--
ESC:wq