Noise from fsck

   I know that it isn't necessarily a debian-live issue, but since
I'm working with live-helper and making a debian-live CD (etch, i386,
flavour 686), I thought I'd ask for guidance here.

   I'm trying to make a CD that boots and runs "as pretty as
possible".  For this, I've been working about trying to figure out
where various error and informational messages come from, and trying
to eliminate them.

   At the moment, after adding "quiet" to the LIVE_BOOTAPPEND list,
the host boots and is nearly as neat and clean as I'd like.  I'm
getting one thing, which looks like some sort of informational or
debugging message from fsck.  Screen transcription is as follows:

INIT: version 2.86 booting
hostname: the specified hostname is invalid
Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...done.
Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...done.
Setting the system clock..
Cleaning up ifupdown....
Checking file systems...fsck 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)
done.
Setting kernel variables...done.
Mounting local filesystems...done.
Activating swapfile swap...done.
Setting up networking....

   So, it's looks pretty nice through there except for the hostname
issue (I've always seen this.  Is this based on the hostname= that's
on the kernel argument list?  Is it avoidable?), the only problem I
see is the odd "fsck 1.40-WIP" comment from fsck.

   The line in /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh that causes this is line 79:

logsave -s $FSCK_LOGFILE fsck $spinner -R -A $fix $force $FSCKTYPES_OPT

I'm pretty sure there's nothing that it's being told that makes it
echo that line.  I haven't tried to grab the source for the relevant
version of fsck yet, but.

   Does anyone know where that "fsck 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)" bit of
output from fsck comes from, what causes it, why it's there, etc?
I'd love to get rid of it without having to redirect the stderr or
stdout of that line from checkfs.sh.  I wouldn't want to lose any
*real* information, if any came up...

   Thanks!  And if there's a better place to direct this inquiry,
please let me know.  I'd be happy to do that.

                                         - Chris