Noise from fsck

Alle sabato 30 giugno 2007, Daniel Baumann ha scritto:

> fsck should not be run on the live system at all. we'll need to
> completely disable this in the initscripts, somehow.

We could just have the initramfs touching a "/fastboot" file and the checkfs
init script will remove it

This because: $ grep fastboot /etc/init.d/ -R

/etc/init.d/checkroot.sh:       if [ -f /fastboot ]
/etc/init.d/checkfs.sh: if [ ! -f /fastboot ] && [ ! "$BAT" ] &&
[ "$FSCKTYPES" != "none" ]
/etc/init.d/checkfs.sh: rm -f /fastboot /forcefsck

So the checks will not be done if that file is present.

But maybe we should offer also a boot parameter option to have this default
behaviour disabled if we someone for a strange use-case do not want that.

Would you like me to add this stuff to live-initramfs daniel?
--
ESC:wq