Failing to start X

Hi,

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:05:43AM -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 17:22 +0200, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> > Thanks for the explanation.  But precisely where did you fix it?  In
>
> chroot/etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> commented out the PCI line right below the Driver "vesa" line.

It works.  Thanks!  I am trying to find ways to make it from casper
without special build of the iso after manual intervention.

I am currently reading debconf documentation and trying to understand:

1/ why casper-bottom/19keyboard does not set the localized keyboard
properly. I see things this:

xserver-xorg config warning: failed to infer keyboard layout from layout/lang
   '10 debian-installer/keymap doesn't exist--'

2/ what to do to prevent the settings of the PCI:0:1:0 while
configuring xorg.  It looks like reconfiguring X in
casper-bottom/20xconfig does not work as expected.
Reading [xorg] xserver-xorg.config.in.

There has been changes to this latter point in upstream casper 1.53
(with casper-preseed).  Are there any plans to upload this version of
casper (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=354539).

Best regards,
Fr?d?ric Lehobey