Failing to start X
- Subject: Failing to start X
- From: Frederic.Lehobey at free.fr (Frederic Lehobey)
- Date: Sat May 20 00:16:20 2006
- Message-id: <20060519221201.GC10671@melusine>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20060518143951.GF7132@melusine> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060518152259.GA8287@melusine> <email@example.com>
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:05:43AM -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 17:22 +0200, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> > Thanks for the explanation. But precisely where did you fix it? In
> commented out the PCI line right below the Driver "vesa" line.
It works. Thanks! I am trying to find ways to make it from casper
without special build of the iso after manual intervention.
I am currently reading debconf documentation and trying to understand:
1/ why casper-bottom/19keyboard does not set the localized keyboard
properly. I see things this:
xserver-xorg config warning: failed to infer keyboard layout from layout/lang
'10 debian-installer/keymap doesn't exist--'
2/ what to do to prevent the settings of the PCI:0:1:0 while
configuring xorg. It looks like reconfiguring X in
casper-bottom/20xconfig does not work as expected.
Reading [xorg] xserver-xorg.config.in.
There has been changes to this latter point in upstream casper 1.53
(with casper-preseed). Are there any plans to upload this version of